Movement is life.
The body you currently have is the body you’ve earned through the way you move. We are a product of our repeated pattern and habits, including our movement. Become a member of our community and start moving with more ease to become your strongest self yet!
What’s the big deal with moving?
Movement stimulates the brain through signals, and the brain has to be alert to interpret those signals. Three systems work together to create movement:
- Skeletal system
Bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage
- Muscular system
Smooth muscle such as in your digestive tract that moves food, skeletal muscle that moves bones, and cardiac muscle or your heart that moves blood
- Nervous systems
The central nervous system is your brain and spinal cord. The peripheral nervous system is the nerves connecting the rest of the body.
The brain is the command center and is constantly receiving and sending signals; as movement increases, so does the number of signals allowing you to function at a higher level.
Movement creates momentum! Newton’s First Law states, “a body in motion stays in motion.” Movement charges your brain to send out the signal that causes your heart to move; your blood to move providing important nourishment to organs and tissues, which in turn helps your joints and muscles move easier. Food even moves into, through, and out of our bodies to give us the energy or fuel needed to — you guessed it — move.
You can quickly see the pattern; movement is life and efficient movement is essential.
Numerous research studies show regular exercise can improve circulation, enhance flexibility, and give you a greater ability to accomplish physical tasks without injury; these are all benefits of movement.
Become a member and get access to all the important movement education you need to feel your best:
- Watch videos and instruction for exercises, including full workout routines, individualized to meet your specific goals:
- Weight loss
- Sports or athletic performance
- Pain management
- Better movement and energy at work & for your hobbies
- Learn how to work around injuries and areas of chronic pain until healed; then strengthen those areas after healing
- Learn beginner to advanced movements with all types of equipment:
- Body weight
- Resistance bands & cables
- Swiss or AB balls
- Pull-up bar
- Heavy ropes
- Boxing & Kickboxing
- Pole Acrobatics
- AcroYoga & Yoga
- And your standard gym machines.
- Master moving in all different angles and directions. Your brain is wired to get good at what you practice. The more ways the body is taught to move, the less chance you will injure yourself.
- Acquire stretching & foam rolling techniques to help keep the right balance of tension and relaxation in your body.
- Understand the importance of breaking down movements. Find the joint or muscle area that isn’t assisting you in your exercise properly; rehab it; then, build back to larger compound movements.
- Adopt proper running technique. This is for any sport that involves running. Access training programs for different distance races, with uphill and downhill techniques.
- Learn and try new activities along with me as I discover new methods.
There are widespread benefits to working out and moving, no matter at which level you start. These are just a few:
- Help blood sugar levels
- Improve circulation
- Improve bone density – Prevent osteoporosis
- Stimulate lymphatic system – eliminate toxins & increase immunity
- Improve mood and release endorphins
- Balance hormones and encourage a more active sex life
- Relieve stress avoiding cortisol release
- Help maintain a healthy weight
- Boost good cholesterol (HDL) in turn lowering bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Boost confidence and self esteem
- Enhance brain activity and sense of body awareness
- Sleep better
- Prevent diabetes and arthritis
- Reduce anxiety
- Can help in treatment of addiction
- Prevent degeneration of the hippocampus – part of the brain for memory and learning abilities
You can move better today. Become a member of our community & you’ll get all the tools you need to start moving efficiently. You pay as little as $9 a month (the cost of 1 glass of wine). Your best self deserves that investment.